We Want You to Know About...
1) GOD'S AUTHORITY
- He is the Creator and Ruler of the universe (Col 1:16,17).
- Jesus Is the Christ, the Messiah. He Is Lord to command and direct us in all aspects of life (1 Tim. 6:15,16).
- The Bible is the infallible, inspired revelation of God and contains His will for man (2 Tim. 3:16,17).
- We must have authority from God's word for what we say and do in order for our worship to please Him (1 Pet 4:11).
- Salvation from sin and its consequences is available through faith In Jesus and obedience to His word (Rom. 1:16, 17).
2) OUR WORSHIP
- We worship God In the same way as Christians worshiped Him in the first century.
- We praise God in song (Eph. 5:19) and prayer (1 Thess. 5:17). We express our thanks for blessings (both spiritual and physical) received from Him. We express our joys and our heartaches to our Father.
- We observe the Lord's Supper each Sunday and remember Jesus who died for us (Acts 20:7).
- We contribute funds to maintain God's work each Sunday (1 Cor. 16:1, 2).
- We study the Bible to know God's will. We admonish and encourage each other(2 Tim. 2:15).
- We strive to make our assemblies bring honor to God and to be spiritually uplifting to people.
3) WHO WE ARE
- We are Christians. We use no other name. We claim no other distinction.
- We are people saved from sin through Jesus Christ.
- We belong to God because He has redeemed us.
- We are committed to do whatever God wants us to do.
- We are committed to share our hope with others.
4) THIS CHURCH
- This church is a collection of Christians who have agreed to work and worship together. We share a common faith and a common salvation from sins.
- This church is completely independent. It is not a part of any religious organization or denomination.
- This church has no political position. It is not involved in social reform. Its mission is not to entertain. Its mission is a spiritual one.
5) OUR PRACTICE
- We try to do right, but we have our faults. Sometimes we fall. We repent of our sins and try harder to do what our God desires of us.
- We try to be helpers. Everyone has problems and we try to assist where we can.
- We try to be considerate. Sometimes we disagree with each other, but we try to be kind and patient with each other.
- We try to tell others about Jesus and His salvation. He has changed our lives. He continues to change us. We want to share the good news of salvation with others.
- We are trying to mature as God's children. Our goal is to grow closer to God by being more spiritually minded each day.
6) OUR CONCERNS
- We are concerned about sinners, and we want them to be saved.
- We are concerned about Christians struggling to maintain their faith. We want them to succeed.
- We are concerned about people facing hardships and trials. We know firsthand about such things. We have all been there and know there is help.
- We are people willing to share your concerns. There are answers to life's dilemmas. We can help you to seek God's advice and His solutions through Bible study, through prayer, or maybe we can help by just lending an ear to listen. We do care.